Saturday 12 March 2011

Neil Diamond at the O2 Arena, London, UK

Three or four weeks ago, I managed to secure a ticket for Neil Diamond's gig at the O2 Arena in London. It was a relatively easy time on the internet and I finally bought a ticket for the front row, side of stage.

It took me back three years when I saw Neil at the O2 in 2008. Then it was a last minute thing. I was only aware rather late on that he was playing the O2. Never-the-less, I managed to get a good seat, after paying a silly inflated price for it from some ticket touts. I booked my hotel and went to the concert. It was great with the audience standing throughout the entire two hour performance and all of them singing along to most of the songs. At one point, I think it was when "Forever in Blue Jeans" started up, Neil sat down onstage and let the audience sing the whole of one bridge. 

I enjoyed the concert so much. I came away elated.

And so once again these summer I will be at the O2 arena. This time sat in the audience at the side of the stage and singing my heart out along to bygone hits such "Sweet Caroline," plus a few of Neil Diamond's newer hits. And I know that once more, just like the summer of 2008 I shall be blown away by the concert.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's good to hear you enjoyed yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am looking forward to doing it all over again this summer:)

    ReplyDelete