Saturday 20 June 2015

Quiet day....

It's coolish outside today here in the heart of London. In summer we usually sit on the patio and have a glass of wine and talk about whatever comes into our heads. The subject are varied. Sometimes show a degree of intellect other times show a degree of rubbish!!!!

But as I just said it's cool outdoors. But that's okay because...as you know I pretty well like reading too. And after two rather nasty accidents - one in 2012 and the other last year, yes that's right two, I have been doing a lot of leading lately.

I like crime novels (amongst others) and I have recently discovered two authors who I think are amazing. Chris Carter and Peter James. If you've not read any of their books and if you like crime/detective novels, well, I suggest you give them a go.

At the moment I'm reading lee Child and the first book in the Jack Reacher series entitled 'The Killing Floor.' It was recommended to me a few times so I thought I would give it a go. It certainly is a different style of writing to the others and different to anyone else I've read for that matter. Very short sentences that aren't really sentences at all; just comprising of three or four words. Reads bit like a captain's log, but it is very effective for the type of crime novel that it is. A bit like a bullet to your head.......

In the middle of it right now so I will reserve judgment until I have finished it.










No comments:

Post a Comment