Wednesday 11 August 2010

The Boardmasters surfing festival Fistral Beach Newquay 2010


The Boardmaster surfing festival visited Newquay once again this year.

The 4th of August through August 7th saw lots of people walking throughout the town and making their way down to Fistral Beach. I was one of them.

Although crowded, I didn't think there were as many people this year as there were last year, but according to the press more people attended.

I went there to have a look around the various gift stalls that have become a major feature of the Boardmaster's village. Sun glasses huts, surfboards, wet suits and an array of T-shirts and other clothing were in abundance again this year. Along with souvenirs such as key rings, pots, ornaments etc. There was also a good variety of food down there, everything from Cornish Pasties to strawberry and marshmallow chocolate covered fondues. I had a hard time resisting all these delicious looking goodies.


I had taken my camera and so I got videos of some of the other competitions that were underway. The skateboard gymnastics is always popular as is the same on mountain bikes.

It wasn't the warmest of days and so I didn't hang around too long. Just long enough to get a few pictures and and a cold beer which had me shivering even more, and so I headed home had a coffee and warmed up.

* * *



No comments:

Post a Comment